Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hola! from Cezur Menor

- having survived the Pyrenees crossing and walked into Spain!

- Just a very quick note to say after three days of walking for between 9 and 11 hours over rocks, through forests, over mountains, through mud, over more rocks, over more mountains, and more rocks, uphill and down hill, and over more mountains, and moire rocks, starting at 7-8 in the morning and watching the sun come up over the mountains and finishing in a little refuge with bunk bed which I share with the only four other people on the entire camino at the moment '' a lovely young 24 year old German boy who is doing it for the third time, a lovely young Japanese boy doing it for the first time, and two women from East Germany --- twin sisters --- --- well, what was East Germany --- let´s not split hairs here --- communist and tough and hoping to have a life changing experience and to be baptised at the end if it (the camino, not the life changing experience --- or is that the other way round?) ----- my body is sore --- as to be expected, my feet are very sore --- as to be expected , I am in Cizur Menor -- not too far past Pamplona '' but far enough to have almost broken the camel´s back (that´s mine, i.e.) but it is the most amazing experience --- and I mean THE MOST amazing experience. getting to the refuge tonight I walked in to find the boys had made a delicious meal of pasta and mince and onions and garlic and a huge bowl of mixed salad and they had left just one (big) portion of everything "in case Wilna arrives tonight"!!!---- it was just beautiful --- and I almost cried . I often almost cry on this walk -- and often do --- and I shall tell all about it when I am back.
-
- Buen Camino my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment