Friday, June 18, 2010

Just a few more opinions of the book ...


I have almost finished reading your book and as serendipity works, this year have had so many faces of the Camino shown to me. As in the books one chooses to read, there are always messages, lessons, reminders and indeed prompts to act, behave, do something in a particular way or in a given time frame. Your book in no different for me, even if it forces me to declutter the junk from my cupboards! Thanks for your words, and your appealing writing style -- C.C.

I so enjoyed your book. Knowing you and Terry made it so very special to be included in your thoughts. S.B.


"I keep wondering if I have stepped on a stone that you trod on, I admire you for walking during the winter months, a couple of cold wet days here is pas bon !!!! but I am enjoying every minute of my journey, I have you to thank xxx" C.E.

"Wat `n wonderbaarlike belewenis, die lees van die boek. Dit het vir my baie dinge in my eie gees laat oopgaan. baie dankie dat jy dit met ons gedeel het, dit was so `n vooreg om saammet jou die cmino te stap. Ek besef nou dat die verwerking van my seun se dood ook `n soort pelgrimstog is wat ek maar alleen stap en nie met ander kan deel nie. so nou en dan kom ek rakelings by iemand verby met wie ek iers kan deel. Baie dankie Wilna." -EB

Wow Wilna!!!!! wat 'n treffende boek !
Dankie tog dis naweek en ek kan sorgeloos klaar lees.
Elke aand as ek verder lees dan is ek so ge-inspireerd en wil sommer dadelik 'n epos stuur om te deel in hoe heerlik ek lees aan jou Way....Baie, baie dankie dat jy dit goed gedink het om jou gedagtes op skrif te stel. Ek geniet elke gedagte en is so bly om jou beter te leer ken daardeur. IA

The reason for trying to contact you is to report that I have finished reading 'The Way of Stars and Stones' and to say that I found it most interesting and enjoyable. I think that knowing the author made the experiences that you were describing so much more meaningful. Also having seen pilgrims making their way through Condom and the surrounding area means that we can picture people like some of those you met, although not in such extreme conditions as you sometimes described.
As I was reading the book at the same time of year as you had made your pilgrimage, I felt this also added to my experience as the story unfolded. It did take me a little less time to read it than your mammoth walk, even though I am a slow reader! I look forward to being able to hear at first hand a little more about some of the refugios, the range of characters you met, the deserted lands of northern Spain and the dogs and other animals you came across. JH

I think your book is wonderful and would love to talk with you about it one day. BL

Dear Wilna, Ordered and read your wonderful book twice, just in case I missed something first time.
Skipped the dog stories, though. Too heartbreaking.
When I was in S.A. in January I bought 5 copies to give to my sister and friends.
Skitterend! IM

No comments:

Post a Comment