Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Comments about the book



J'ai apprécié grandement la parole naturelle et sincère de Wilna vendredi dernier. Nous étions sur le chemin en sa compagnie. Que de rencontres insolites!.
-Jeanne Vigouroux



Wilna's descriptions of her experiences and finding the resources she needed on her journey, could have been the writing of someone, like myself, who is fighting the fight against cancer. Without spelling it out each time there is a distinct parallel between the Camino and cancer, anyone who has been on that journey themselves or anyone who is near someone who has or had this dreaded disease, will be heartened and inspired by The Way of Stars and Stones. There is so much in the book to reflect upon that you know you will always keep it close to refer back to time and time again. -Caroline T.



The Way of Stars and Stones by Wilna Wilkinson is a book I like tohave near me.
Wilna's story of her pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela touched a deep chord within me and had a profound effect upon me. Her courage, philosophy and basic common sense gave me an insight into myself.
I am recuperating from cancer and now see my recovery as 'my Camino'. It has helped me come to terms with myself and to accept things as they are and to count my blessings.
To sum up, all I can say is Thank you Wilna, you have given my life a new purpose.

-Avril H.





No comments:

Post a Comment