Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Comments about the book



For anyone who has ever faced a challenge, challenged your own fears, or feared the unknown, then this is a book you must read. Dealing with news of a friend's cancer diagnosis, Wilna Wilkinson set out on a challenge of her own and hikes 800 kilometers to Santiago de Compostela to try to inspire her friend and her own courage, and in the processes touches the hearts of those she meets along the way, her friends at home, and of those who follow her on the pages. Join her facebook group today, and be inspired by her book.
KDL, Belgium

Duisend dankies dat jy JOU Camino met my deel. Vir 'n non-stapper het jy wragtiewaar jouself oortref. Ek's ver van klaar gelees, maar kannie wag om die volgende dag saam met jou te beleef. Jy't verseker jou eie missie om non-average te wees behaal.Jou boek lees heerlik - . Mooiman! Trots op jou.
-- IS, South Africa

Wonderful surprise to receive a copy of your book in the mail yesterday. As I have several other books on the 'go' I thought I'd do a quick skim of your first few chapters. That didn't work as I was captivated immediately and just had to keep reading. Enjoyed the journey immensley - the characters, landforms and experiences were realistically brought to life and I felt transported to the Camino.
--AW, Australia

I got the book and can't wait to start reading. I will write to you when I have finished, if I am able, as I am told one is either in floods of tears or laughing ones head off!!
--SC, Australia

I wanted to read the book and review it for the SA Confraternity's newletter. It's wonderful and has inspired me to pick up my manuscript (that I began after my solo) again!
--CMC, South Africa

Still reading, but am really enjoying it. Feeling inspired to pack my own bag and head off!
--NM South Africa

I have just finished reading your book and was totally blown away by it- I read until 2am one night as I couldn't put it down. When I heard you were doing the pilgrimage I had no idea of what you were undertaking. It puts wandering around Milford Sound for a week into the pale!

I am sure Terrie took strength from you- two such strong women that I have been privileged to know
--MM, New Zealand

Je serai la première à m'exprimer en français,pour te dire combien ces photos éclairent ton texte, on comprend mieux tes émotions, les liens qui te lient à ces héros que tu as rencontrés, ave qui tu as partagé...s tant de souvenirs, de joie et de s...ouffrance en voyant leurs portraits et certaines scènes de partage qui ont du être mémorables. Un seul regret pas assez de photos de toi, qui est une vrais héroïne, Wilna mon amie très chère. Merci pour notre rencontre, je crois que je vais relire ton livre pour l'apprécier autrement que lors de la première lecture et mieux comprendre la leçon de vie que tu nous fais partager. je suis heureuse d'être une de tes nonbreux fans
-- BD, France

Danke Wilna......!!!!!
--CT, Germany






2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, your book is an inspiration.I have sent copies to many friends who are transfixed, can't put it down. I was the same - wanted to keep reading but didn't want it to end. Tears and laughter, awe and empathy, fascination and inspiration - your words, your style, your insight, your generosity have evoked all this. I'm bursting with pride and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is awesome. Thanks for posting. Let me share this with you. I have taken this presentation skills workshop and I gained a lot of confidence and was able to prepare effective slides to aid presentation. Worth checking!

    ReplyDelete