Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not an uncommon comment!



Interesting how I, too, feel reluctant to read other people's accounts of their caminos. The experience was so intense to me, but reading about another's similar or even different experiences, does not get me easily excited. Yet, every now and then I read another pilgrim's account of their own personal Camino and it grabs me by the heart and the soul, and I read it as if famished.

So, I am not surprised when, every now and then, I come across someone who tells me that they have not read the book as it is not really 'their thing'. Makes sense -- not every book I pick up entices me to sit down and start reading either. But this then is a comment of just such a person -- and it is heartening to read!:

I'm off this week and started reading Wilna's book, almost finished and to my surprise loved it. Even though I am also spritiual rather than religious I just couldn't be excited about someone else's walk of the Camino. Amazed at my enjoyment. It is well written and very gripping, so especially as a sceptic, (me) it makes a good story.DB

No comments:

Post a Comment